Thursday 31 March 2011

a mission: to write a book!

Now, that is what i called a proper mission. I have been wanting to write a book. Any kind of book. Perhaps a storybook for children which have good values in them.

I will never put Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and the disney lots as an educational-good value-enriching stories. NO, definitely not. These stories are pretentious stories that promotes good looks as being 'superior' and kissing are allowed before marriage. It cultivates envy and princes and princesses (monetary possesions) are more attractive than being noble and trustworthy.

Now that I will iAllah raise a child of my own, I am starting to see all these things in a different view. Malaysia needs better children stories, which are based on Islamic morales. Hopefully, by reading these feel good value nurturing sories, they will grow up with all these good values in mind. (re: not thinking plastic surgeries are the only way to get a good spouse/job offer, or kissing a guy can cure any illness!).

well, wish me luck peeps. I think I will need loads of them lucks. With your prayers, perhaps your kids will enjoy books that I've written with the Quran, Sunnah, and prophets stories as guidance ;) iAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment