Tuesday 18 May 2010

mind your mind (DAY 4)

I thought I should tell you an extremely silly thing that I have been doing for the last..God knows how many years.

I have been reciting the Holy Quran, without reading the translation. Oh, and i dont speak Arabic. So, you can imagine what a waste of time it has been (but, Ya Allah, I hope all of my past recitations have been counted as good deeds too, amiin) :)

And so, 6 months ago, I have bought a good 'tafsir' and has been, alhamdulillah, slowly trying to improve my knowledge of the Quran. To begin with (that was the time when I worked up to 10 hours aday non stop), I only managed to flip through the tafsir a few times a week. Sometimes one time a week. :(. what a shame, I have to admit. Wasting my younger years, my healthy state, NOT reading the Quran. Astaghfirullah.

And so, alhamduliilah, with the help of God, I have now slowly managed to read at least every other day, if not everyday. I do hope this will continue for the rest of my life. Be it a sentence a/day, with the interpretation of the 'ayat'.. I hope i can persevere this.

Its no fun seeing younger generations nowadays wasting their mind, by not challenging it. Not creating something new. Not enriching it with exciting knowledge!
Most of them much rather sit around lazying in front of the TV (back to my previous entry- this can also cause heart attack in the future, mind u ;) ) oh, and by watching the TV, it's ok if its educational mind stimulating channel, but, o well, we all know.

So, hopefully from today, we can start reading something, or learning something daily. Start pushing ourselves to conquer a new knowledge every single day. Let's start this project together, hopefully, by the end of this- we can become a wiser, more experience human being, amiin.

Secrets of success--> click here!
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_st_john_s_8_secrets_of_success.html

til then, have a fun day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment